Re: IFB support in 2.6.17 kernel

Abel Martín wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to activate IFB device support in a 2.6.17 kernel from Debian
Sid. I read that IFB device is the replacement for IMQ device, but I haven't
found any useful documentantion on how to activate this feature and the
kernel documentation lacks of this information. I remember that IMQ could be activated in the 'Network devices' menu in 2.6.8 kernels, but this option no
longer exists. Where can I find some information about this? I found a
ifb.cfile in the kernel source directory tree, but I'm not sure if an
ifb module
will be generated, as this option doesn't seem to be available during the
kernel configuration.

Thanks.

ifb = intermediate functional block in device drivers --> network device support

depends on NET and NET_CLS_ACT (actions under qos and fair queuing)

Andy