Re: Weird HTB behaviour in 2.6.17

On 7/27/06, Jake Altchill <altchill@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What kind of network cards do you have?

When I noticed the problem, I was using a Dell server with an Intel
e1000.

But I reproduced the same problem in my desktop, that's an AMD Semprom
with an nVidia ethernet card. So, different processor, chipset and nic.

What are the tc stats that you get on the class (anything about
giants?)?

class htb 1:31 parent 1:1 leaf 31: prio 0 rate 1000bit ceil 750000bit
burst 15Kb cburst 1974b
Sent 11678670 bytes 2711 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)
rate 1725Kbit 43pps backlog 13p

As you can see, I have rate in 1725Kbit when my ceiling is 750Kbit. That
difference is low, since I'm testing on my Semprom. If I do the same on
the Dell server, the difference is much higher. Some times over ten
times the ceiling.

With a 2.4 kernel, it works perfectly in both hardwares.

If these are the cards you are using you need to explicitly set the
mtu for your classes to 16500.

Sorry, I didn't get it. How should I do that?

--
Marlon