Re: how to identify RTP packets?

Hello, Kavita,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:38:17 +0530 (IST)
"kavita" <kavithak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>    I am working on voice application. I want to identify RTP packets
> and set DSCP for those. Is there anyway to accomplish this task either
> using tc or iptables. Please help me..

Nope, you can't do that, because the transport stream is defined as
src/dst port dinamically by the VoIP control channel, be it
H.323/SIP/MGCP/Skinny/whateva. The only feasible way is to set ToS/DSCP
into the VoIP endpoints/applications. I've seen many devices allowing
you to set up speciffic ToS for the RTP stream.

Well, of course you could you some sort of l7 classification, but that
is speciffic to your needs.

>    Thank you

[ cut ]

Regards,