Re: IFB working

Rajesh Mahajan wrote:
All these documents have one line

action mirred egress redirect dev dummy0

what I can understand out of this is that all packets in egress of device
are being redirected to dummy0, where as the need is to inject dummy 0 with
packets in ingress of the device so that shaping can be done for packets
storming in for our system and not the packets leaving our system.
Policing can be done but here the requirement is for Shaping (queueing).
With IMQ ingress shaping does work fine but the only question I have is how
to shape packets coming in ingress of the device

$TC qdisc add dev eth0 ingress
$TC filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: \
protocol ip prio 10 u32 match ip src 192.168.0.10 \
flowid 1:0 \
action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

Andy.