Acessing multiply servers with same IP's

Good day,

My name is Mike and without further ado forgive me that I'll go straight to
the point.

rtlsrc-2.4.29-2.diff this patch is obsoleted, but it would come in handy when
trying to solve the IP collisions in networks. I have situation around here
becouse I intend to connect through my wifi card to many gateways with same
IP adresses - 192.168.0.1 with /24 mask - then I'd like to use them all as
Alternative routes, as far as I know it can be done for two of that kind
gates, thanks to danieldg:
<danieldg> right
<danieldg> one hack, if you only wanted two: add a bridge interface to the
wireless
<danieldg> then you have wlan0 and br0, both the same
<danieldg> then you could use ebtables to change the MACs of the bridge access
<danieldg> and leave the direct wlan0 access alone (so it would use the "real"
MAC)
<I_v0> mhm, and when having two different MAC's I can have two different IP's
<I_v0> but I can't make more than one bridge, can I ?
<danieldg> no, not on one interface

The last two lines speak of themselves, only one bridge, only one additional
MAC, so possibility to use only two gateways. I know that's real simple when
having each subnet connected to different iface it's just I'll run out of
interfaces real fast if I'll connect these so.

Can you propose anything in such situation?

Best wishes,
Mike
--
Sun, 09 Jul 2006 03:58:25 +0200