Optimization on Bandwidth Management-L7 filtering?

Hi,

Recently i just set up a machine for bandwidth management based on layer 7 filtering, i have followed the instruction from http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/L7-HOWTO-Netfilter .

Since all the incoming packets was checked one by one-(it is time consuming and will cause the processing delay if it is handling more than 50 PC at a time), thus i am thinking that is there any way to have a random checking on incoming packets ? Scipt or tools? so that it wont check all the incoming packets one follow by another one.

If let say> The incoming packets usage for http is 10 packets that need to be sent in, thus i only check the 1st packet, and then skip the remaining 9 packets checking in order to provide faster processing time to the machine.

Is it my idea workable? Does it work in Linux box with Layer7 filtering ?

(P/s: my question might be a little bit silly, cause i am still new in this environment)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

JIN

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.