From: Andrew Lyon [mailto:andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 May 2006 17:13
To: 'lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE:  Problems with Routing and Masquerading

>AFAICR using MASQUERADE with multipath is not recommended (but maybe
>this
is outdated, plz correct me if I'm wrong)

I have had problems using MASQUERADE with multipath on a 2.4.31 kernel box,
with two outbound default routes I got messages about "rustys brain broke"
and things like ICMP etc suffered packet loss.

Not recommended, SNAT works perfectly :)

Andy
Registered Office: J.O. Sims Ltd, Pudding Lane, Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincs.
PE11 3TJ Company reg No: 2084187 Vat reg No: GB 437 4621 47
Tel: +44 (0) 1775 842100 Fax: +44 (0) 1775 842101 Web: www.josims.com
Email:enquiries@xxxxxxxxxx The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and is intended for the addressee only. The contents of this
e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. If you
are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender
immediately, and delete the message. The statements and opinions expressed
in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those
of the company. No commitment may be inferred from the contents unless
explicitly stated. The company does not take any responsibility for the
personal views of the author. This message has been scanned for viruses
before sending, but the company does not accept any responsibility for
infection and recommends that you scan any attachments.JOSEDV001TAG