Re: iptables CLASSIFY vs fwmark?

My observation also, but one example shows using fwmark in the PREROUTING chain while CLASSIFY can be used in POSTROUTING only (correct?). My experience with tc at this point is limited but sometimes added flexibility is useful, even if it's a little more effort.
Edwin

Denis Ovsienko wrote:
Could someone comment on the benefits of using CLASSIFY vs fwmark (or vice versa) in iptables?
One benefit I see is that one avoids extra filters, this can be useful
with lots of classes.

--
Edwin Whitelaw, P.E.