Advice....

Hi folks,

  I have a network which uses a Linux policy based router to allocate
traffic from 2500 devices based loosely on 'class of service' across three
different ISP pipes... It works great... Now I want to solve another
problem:

  I have a network connection to another company with that company's
router on my premise. They provide an ethernet with a /24 network worth of
addressing for me to use (say 10.1.1.0/24).... This address space gets
one-to-one NATed in their router into their company's internal address
space....

  I want to set up a /27 network in my address space which I can then NAT
into the 'no mans land' address space provided by the other company (i.e.,
10.1.1.0/24)... and I would like to create these addresses in my network
inside the Linux policy based router machine. The way I would envision
this working is that someone wanting to use a resource in the other
company would call a local address (say 192.168.99.x/32 which would be one
of the addresses hosted by my policy based router)... This call would then
get translated in the Linux policy based router into the 'no mans land)
addressing (10.1.1.x/32) and passed into the other company's network after
being NATed by their router....

Two questions:

a) how would I setup the addressing in my Linux router (i.e., I don't
fully understand Matthew Marsh's discussion of addresses... Would I
associate these addresses with an interface? or ??

b) would this overall idea work ok??

TIA,

Dave