Re: how to do probabilistic packet loss in kernel?

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your constant help.  I managed to port q_xcp.c to work in modern versions of tc.  I am using the 2.4.32 kernel and compiled in netem support into the kernel.  I then compiled iproute2-2.6.11 including tc that came with it, which installed q_xcp.so to /usr/lib/tc and q_netem.so to /usr/lib/tc

I then try:
tc qdisc change dev ath0 root netem loss .1%

and get:
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

I also tried:
tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem duplicate 1%

and get the same exact Invalid argument response...

Any ideas here?

Thanks!
George