Re: Problems matching by mac address

Adam M. Towarnyckyj wrote:
Andy,

Thanks for investigating so extensively. However, I'm an idiot and made
a fundamental mistake in networking that I should have realized in the
first place. I completely didn't think about the fact that the filter is
looking at the data link layer of the packet and that this gets changed
through each device. The test machine is set up behind a router. Also,
to answer your question, I'm using a download test app on a web server I
set up, so I'm basically using the same program for testing the
throughput each time.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time on this. With me, it's always something
obvious I missed and usually I don't realize until after I have
investigated every FAQ, Googled the hell out of the question, and posted
to a list.

No problem - I don't know how to solve your new problem.

I retried the test on a 2.6.15 with tc 051107 and the counters are OK now when I tc -s filter ls dev eth0 parent 12:0.

One thing - I always considered the match 0x0800 0xFFFF at -2 to be redundant if you say protocol ip in the filter - so I ended up using the following, which I think is a bit easier to read with mac of target machine 00:C1:26:0F:04:AD.

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 12: prio 1 u32 \
match u16 0x00c1 0xffff at -14 \
match u32 0x260f04ad 0xffffffff at -12 \
flowid 12:10

Andy.