Re: Problems matching by mac address

Adam M. Towarnyckyj wrote:
Sorry for bumping this one, but I wanted to know if anyone else had any
ideas as well. I'm a bit baffled as to why this isn't working. Thanks.

Hmm this is a strange one - I tried both ip and mac version of your script (on non-bridged eth) and both "work" ie the traffic ends up in htb 12:10 and gets shaped. I tested with proftpd as sender - it's going to be important to test both with the same app that sets tos bits for prio - probably also worth putting a bfifo on 1:3 just for stats as default prio is three band.

Now what I don't get is in both cases if I do tc -s filter ls parent 12:0 I don't get any matches, so would have expected them to have gone through htb as default - unshaped not 12:10 - strange.

Will have to think/try different kernel and tc versions.

Did you do both tests with the same tos bit setting sender app?

Alexey's point about filtering to 12:0 is because normally if you set up a tree structure for filters you need a filter rule on root to pass traffic down to child(ren) - prios automatic filtering seems to do it - but not as I expected.

Andy.