Re: EF & AF filters with HTB

Hi Robert!

If I get you right, you wish to use HTB at a node
for doing some QoS for packets based the DSCP they
already have, and NOT marking them to have that AF,
etc.

(
have you checked
http://www.opalsoft.net/qos/DS-310.htm?
he has some nice scripts
)

Why not simply use an u32 match on the TOS field for
filtering under your main htb? Why do you need DSMARK?
(haven't tried, but should work fine)

For ex. having htb main shaper at 1:0 gives

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 2
u32 match ip tos 0xb8 0xff flowid 1:10
(the EF htb branch is at 1:10)

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 3
u32 match ip tos 0x28 0xff flowid 1:20
(the AF11 htb branch is at 1:20)

At for bulk, create the htb main with: "default 30",
and add an 1:30 class with needed rate + burst and
red/sfq/etc.
U won't need any filter for this, anything
unclassified
(anything other than EF or AF11) will get there.

If I get you wrong, and you wish to re-mark those
packets, I have some scripts for that, too.

Contact me at forgamedev@xxxxxxxxx, and I will send
them to you.

PS:
since I also have some scripts to test, and they
resemble yours, can you tell me whether they are
correct?

First I wish to re-mark packets based on u32 ip src
match, with:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle 1:0 root dsmark indices 4

tc class change dev eth0 classid 1:1 dsmark mask 0x3
value 0xb8

..some filters under 1:0 to send packets to 1:1 to
remark them...

and then comes a htb at 2:0 having 1:0 (the dsmark
qdisc) as parent with few branches.

Can I expect that htb qdisc at 2:0 will already have
the effects of dsmark at 1:0 (remarked packets)?

Thanks,

Ferenc