Re: tc counters "problem"

The interface that I'm using is ppp0, the classes/qdiscs are created with the
interface (from /etc/ppp/ip-up file) but that doesn't matter anyway, the way
the two graphics are created is:
at time 0 look the total amount of bytes/bits transfered
at time 5 (mins) I look the amount of bytes/bits transfered and do: (bits(t=5)
- bits(t=0))/(300secs) = bps (similar with bytes)
and repeat every five minutes, this is how MRTG graphs.
So it really doesn't matter if the counters are different, what matters is the
difference between time x and time y.
The interface counters and the tc counters are fetched by SNMP and I'm 100%
sure that my interface graph is accurate, I just don't understand why there
is so much difference with the tc ones.

On the other hand, I just made a test with a file transfer resetting all
counters:
file: 14675760 lego.pdf

iptables:
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 478208 packets, 1617032905 bytes)
    pkts      bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
   10725 15568354 MARK       tcp  --  any    ppp0    anywhere
anywhere            tcp spt:http MARK set 0x1e

tc:
class htb 1:30 parent 1:1 leaf 30: prio 3 rate 1000bit ceil 120000bit burst
6Kb/8 mpu 0b overhead 0b cburst 1659b/8 mpu 0b overhead 0b level 0
 Sent 15568302 bytes 10724 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0)
 rate 112bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0
 lended: 99 borrowed: 10625 giants: 0
 tokens: -13832192 ctokens: -671

All this seems file, the bytes match, etc. So I'm not sure what I'm doing
wrong. I'll keep investigating, I just wanted to know if any of you saw
something wrong with my reasoning or if there were known issues with the
counters.

Francisco