QoS Solution for an ISP - Need help on my build tryout

   Hello all,

I am doing many trys on put a QoS Solution to work at my ISP/WISP. I have this network topology:

router <> eth0.srv <> eth1.srv <> clients

I just want to make that ALL http, mail, ssh and icmp traffic have preference in any instace. So, what I tryed to do was this:

My link has 3096 Kbps upload and 3096 Kbps download (it is a ppp from a telecom)

I set a class (tc class) in both interfaces making all trafic going to default class 1:20 that has prio 5. In this class I put a max velocidade of 2500 Kbps. Them I made a filter that will direct all marked (with mark 40) packets to class 1:10 in both interfaces and this class has prio 1 and parent to 1:0. I have marked packges like this:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 40 iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --sport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 40

I made this for every port and every protocol I want but I could not make this QoS works fine. This is still too slow (http browsing).

   Can someone help me?

Att,

Nataniel Klug