Re: Load-banancing. two ip's from one isp

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 03:39 +0200, sAwAr wrote:
> I've two ip from my isp one public and one internal. ISP have two
> routers router1 is gw for public ip and router2 is gw for internal
> ip's and do nat of connections. I'm trying to set up load-balanicng. I
> have only on box and I don't do any nat on my computer

That's your problem. The Linux box with multiple gateways needs nat. At
least that was a requirement back in the day. Pretty sure nothing has
change there. Part of what Julian's patches address as well.

When I had a setup like yours. I did two rounds of NAT/PAT. Once in each
of the routers, then again in the Linux router for the multiple gateway
thing to work.

Try doing nat in your Linux box as well, and you should see some better
results.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.