vpn multihoming

Hello all,

I have a linux router with 2 interfaces(eth0 - ISP and
eth1 - LAN). I've established a VPN
connection(openvpn) over eth0 with a friend of mine =>
tun0 interface.

I want half of my LAN to have Internet access through
the eth0 interface and the other half through the tun0
interface.

I've set up a script like the "load balancing split
access" instructions in the lartc howto, but it
doesn't work. Here's the important part of the script:

  ip route add $P1_NET dev $IF1 src $IP1 table T1
  ip route add default via $P1 table T1
  ip route add $P2_NET dev $IF2 src $IP2 table T2
  ip route add default via $P2 table T2

  ip route add $P1_NET dev $IF1 src $IP1
  ip route add $P2_NET dev $IF2 src $IP2

  ip rule add from $IP1 table T1
  ip rule add from $IP2 table T2

Note that ping works over the tunnel, over the
subnets, but the users on my LAN can't have Internet
connectivity through eth0 or tun0.

My firewall has only this rule:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -o
eth0 -j MASQUERADE
I've changed eth0 with tun0 and I doesn't work either.

What can be done to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
M.