linux box as vlan p2p limiter and firewall?

re

I would like to do some firewalling and p2p shaping/limiting on one of
the vlans in my network and I was thinking of using linux box as
transparent bridged firewall/limiter. For this I'm planning to use AMD64
2.2Ghz box with 2 1gbit NIC (Broadcom 5721), that will be bridged. The
box must be totally transparent and unseen in the network, as well as it
should have much influence on network performance.

Can anyone give me some guidelines where to begin, how to limit/shape
p2p traffic on that vlan. Is it even doable?? Any example
htb/etables/iptables configuration script will also help. :)

thanks in advance ..

regards,
 Andraz

--