Re: my shaping rules wont work on nat box

Am Samstag, 4. März 2006 01:00 schrieb nix4me:
> I am currently running the following script on an internal machine to
> shape outbound ftp and email traffic.
>
> I am trying to move the script to my nat router (ipcop with 2 nic
> cards) so that it shapes the whole network and not only the outbound
> of 1 box.
>
> I have cable modem -> ipcop (eth1) >(eth0 - 192.168.1.1)  >
> 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101.
>
> The scripts works great running on 192.168.1.101.  But I cannot get
> it to work on either of the ipcop interfaces.
>
> Does it have something to do with NAT ?
>
> Script:
> #!/bin/bash
> #shaping passive and active outbound ftp traffic on an internal
> computer without affecting inbound and lan speed
>
> # mark the outbound passive ftp packets on ports 50000-51000
> iptables -t mangle -D OUTPUT -o eth0 -j MYSHAPER-OUT 2> /dev/null >
> /dev/null
> iptables -t mangle -F MYSHAPER-OUT 2> /dev/null > /dev/null
> iptables -t mangle -X MYSHAPER-OUT 2> /dev/null > /dev/null
> iptables -t mangle -N MYSHAPER-OUT
> iptables -t mangle -I OUTPUT -o eth0 -j MYSHAPER-OUT

you must mark your traffic in FORWARD or POSTROUTING chain. OUTPUT is
only for locally generated traffic.

--
Markus Schulz

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot   Henrique Holschuh