Re: counter-strike

Jakub Wartak wrote:

>You should use PRIO to divide traffic into 2 classes
>1) ultra-critical ( here : cs game )
>2) other
>3) very low prio
>
>( more info is on www.voip-info.org , section : QoS under Linux )
>you just have to mark CS packets and put them into the right PRIO class

Class 1:1 has prio 0 in htb and filters. other classes have a higher
priority.
I've made a test. I've added
1: ---- 1:1 --- 10:
htb   class     sfq
and bloked all other ports and traffic. With this setup I was unable to
lower the ping to be less than 280.
This made me come to the conclusion that ANY_ classification would
introduce a packet delay.
So if I use prio qdisc wouldn't that be a classification?
This is why I created the CS class as a root class.
To answer to the other mail:
CS maximum bandwidth consumption is about 500k. That is why the sum
never exeeds the netrate.
People in my LAN play almost exclusively in MAN, not in the Internet. I
allocated such high bandwidth because htb would allocate the spare based
on classes' rates ratios. And since 1:1 is a root class as 1:2 and 1:3
(MAN and Internet respectively) it had to have such a rate even if it is
not found in my real bandwidth.