Re: ipp2p don't block Ares

2006/2/27, Roberto Pereyra <pereyra.roberto@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Klaus

>AFAIK ipp2p should block the newest version of ares (at least the
>login).

Yes, ipp2p block latest version Ares login (looks connecting ...) but without connecting upload and download files.

I have the same bridge setup and some weeks back the blocking worked well.

How I can help you ?

roberto

2006/2/26, Klaus <klaus@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

Andreas Klauer wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:26:48AM -0300, Roberto Pereyra wrote:
>
>>This bridge works fine buts since two weeks can't block Ares traffic. All
>>protocols block fine but Ares not (upload and download).
>>
>>Somebody are using ipp2p blocking the latest Ares version ?
>

> Did you already contact the author about this? If the Ares protocol changed,
> you've practically got a new protocol there, which requires it's own pattern
> for matching. If you can provide details about the new protocol (by dumping
> Ares packets or something) and help with testing, it should be not that hard
> to fix, provided the new protocol isn't something nasty.

Ares is a proprietary protocol and they change their signatures (even
the login signatures) with every new version.

AFAIK ipp2p should block the newest version of ares (at least the
login). Traffic shaping does not work at the moment, because ares
encrypts the data connections with an unknown method and without any
good signatures. I will check the newest version of ares this week and
update the ares pattern if needed.

My real job keeps me very busy at the moment (and I have been ill for
three weeks now), but I will try to bring out a new version of ipp2p
with some bug fixes very soon.

Klaus,
maintainer of ipp2p

Ing. Roberto Pereyra
ContenidosOnline
Servidores BSD, Solaris y Linux
Soporte técnico ISPs
Jabber ID: rpereyra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For reliable and professional DNS, use DNS Made Easy!
            http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/u/14989