Multiple providers routing

HI folks,

I have a linux router connected to two separate internet connection from an ISP. There is a third interface ( ip -> 192.168.1.1 ) in the router connected to the local network. Configured the routing tables and added the rules and everything seems to be working fine from the routing box. Traceroute to external internet sites reveal that traffic is being routed correctly and that the failover mechanism is working.

Now in my internal machines the gateway address is the set to the third interface of the router and the internal machines can ping the router ( 192.168.1.1 ). The problem is that the internal machines cant connect to the net. A quick check with pings and tcpdump revealed that the packets from the internal machines are arriving at the router and are being routed correctly... but are not coming BACK from the router to the internal machines.

Any pointers as to why this is happening would be useful....

Thanks,

Sameer Gurung

samgurung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
g_sameer75@xxxxxxxxx