Few more quarries [was:] Re: Please help in choosing the right patches

Manish Kathuria wrote:
Sandeep Agarwal wrote:
Manish Kathuria wrote:
 >>Sandeep Agarwal wrote:
 >>

 >> I have gone through http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nano.txt AND further
 >> http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/ & got confused in choosing the right patch.
>> Please suggest if I will choose Jumbo Patch patch-2.4.20-ja1.diff , is
 >> any other patches also required after this? If yes, is there
 >> any sequence in applying these patches?
 >>

 >For your purpose, you need to choose one of the patches at
 >http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes depending on your kernel. You dont need
 >the Jumbo patch for load balancing and failover. The "routes" patch
 >should suffice.
 >
 >--
 >Manish Kathuria
 >http://www.tuxspace.com/
Thanks Manish.
I have download routes-2.4.20-9.diff as I have RHEL3.0 (Kernel
2.4.21-9EL) & apply the same.
But the output as follows. Is this normal or any problem?

# patch -p1 < routes-2.4.20-9.diff

Hunk #1 FAILED at 162.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 180 with fuzz 1 (offset 5 lines).
linux/include/net/ip_fib.h.rej
patching file linux/include/net/route.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 49.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 120 with fuzz 2 (offset -8 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 140.
linux/include/net/route.h.rej
patching file linux/net/ipv4/arp.c
patching file linux/net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c
Hunk #3 succeeded at 212 with fuzz 2.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 222.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 244.

The Red Hat kernels are not just plain vanilla kernels. They already
have a number of patches applied by Red Hat and it is likely that the
patch being applied by you is conflicting by one of those. You can
either try some other kernel version or download a plain vanilla kernel
from http://www.kernel.org/ and apply the routes patch on it.

--
Manish
http://www.tuxspace.com/

Dear Mr. Manish,
Now the multipath is working. Thank you for the support.

List members suggestion are required on following more quarries:
1. Most of my lan users usages Remote Desktop Connection to one of our server hosted outside India. Whenever ISP1 link goes down (I have down it manually), their connection get lost. After approx 10 min, they are able to connect it again. Any pointer where I am wrong?

2. Out of 3 task (Load Balance, ISP Failover, Club Both ISP Bandwidth) Two task are complete. How can
   Club Bandwidth be implement on this box?

3. One Public IP device (VOIP) installed inside the LAN. I want to allow all traffic IN & OUT to this device. How to do this in this configuration? Currently there is no DMZ configuration in firewall.

Thank you,
LARTC mailing list
LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx