Re: about the traffic control

    Hi Fionna :)

 * ???p?F <ttw_chien@xxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
>     1. Why most traffic shaping implement in the egress side (Uplink) rather
>         than the ingress side(Dnlink)?(e.g. why put the police rule on the smaller
>         bandwidth side but not put on the larger side)

    You cannot shape ingress traffic, because you cannot control the
sending speed of the remote equipment. The only thing you can do is
to drop packets, but that doesn't make bandwitdh smaller, it just
cause less packets to arrive to applications, so while you
effectively set a smaller bandwidth for applications, the cable BW is
fully used.

    I suppose that ECN can be used to shape incoming traffic, but I
don't know.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado