Re: deleting 1 filter deletes all (under same class)

iler_ml@xxxxxxxxxxx said:
> I am creating three u32 filters with different dst addresses.
> When I delete one of those filters, all three are deleted. Why all 3
> filters are deleted even though in 'tc filter del' command I give
> exactly all parameters of filters creation. Is this expected
> behaviour, that all other filters are deleted also ?

It took some doing, but I researched a way of handling that.

$TC filter add dev $INTIF protocol ip prio 1 parent 1: \
handle 0x$hid u32 match ip dst $ip classid 1:$hid

$TC filter del dev $INTIF parent 1: \
protocol ip prio 1 handle 800::$hid u32

I forget _why_ it works that way, but it does.  $hid is actually
hexadecimal, though for a few systems it's usually used as if it was an
integer.

I had been meaning to post the script.  Maybe this week...