Re: Traffic Control using with an application

Hotny wrote:
I want to use traffic control for a resource controller for a multimedia
middleware platform. Is there a library or syscalls, so that I don't
have to use the Systemcommands?

Why would you want to do that?

There is nothing sinful or expensive about calling other programs from your own, it's actually a good idea as it makes your application more robust (no breaking down because a binary interface has changed) and easier to debug.

If you are doing something that demands very fast responses then maybe you are better off doing all the traffic shaping directly, see frottle for an example of a way to do that.