Per user bandwidth limiting ..for small ISP.using Squid

Sir,

 Kindly excuse me. I am a newbie to LARTC..

 I am a small ISP in rural India distributing 1 MB
link to 200 people.

I have been using rshaper  by Alessandro Rubini for
shaping.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/rshaper/

My kernel is Linux version 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl( Fedora
Core 1)

Rshaper is very good in controlling incoming bandwidth
(from LAN)

I use  Squid also on this Linux Box..

Right now I am using Delay Pools of Squid to control
bandwidth  per user for Http traffic.

Squid saves me around 35% of bandwidth and hence I can
not afford not to use it.

Squid also gives my clients a feel of speed --an
important thing for me.

Rshaper is no more under active development. The
author advised me to switch to TC..

Rshaper will not work on any new kernel..

I want to switch to kernel 2.6

Any Ideas for this kind of a situation  using tc ,
Squid..

Bandwidth of 1 MB for 200 users means  "tiny" rates I
have to use for each client (7-8 Kbit).

Using rshper I  wrote scripts

 rshaperctl     10.x.x.1       2400
     .      .    .    .
     .      .    .    .
     .      .    .    .

 rshaperctl     10.x.x.250      2400

which means the Clinet 10.x.x.1 sends  @2400 bytes/sec
and gets 3 times 2400(7200) downloads..( the default
behaviuor of rshaper)

(all 250 lines ..batch file) and for port 80 (Squid) I
am using delay pools ..

I want browsing should be fast .. downloads can be slow..

I want a similar solution using TC , Htb ..

Kindly Help...

Thankx a lot for your time....

Rayudu.