Re: Re: Simple shaping question

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:48:13AM +0200, Jonas Jasas wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Dmytro O. Redchuk <dor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The problem is that eth0 is connected to Internet?
> Yes it is connected to internet, but what is the difference if it is
> connected to internet or LAN?
>
> > Do you really want to shape outgoing (ACK?) packets?
> Yes, I have router and web server in one box. So I want that
> outgoing/incoming  office traffic and web servers traffic would be
> with the high priority.
>
> In what place of iptables this htb traffic control is handled?
> My rules are ok when I set the same rate and ceil.

Then, sorry, I didn't understand which traffic you would like to control
and in which way. And still can not understand.

Can you draw a picture? Let's say, a client (who wants to download), a
server (who offers web or ftp services), a box (who should perform a
traffic control), thier interfaces...

--