Re: Simple shaping question

Title: Firma
Also, there's a mistake in your tc filter line, change classid by flowid. Take a look at the man page.

-Diego

Diego Cabrero escribió:
Try chosing a lower limit for the 80th port at least 900-10, then add a sfq qdisc down the 1:10, 1:20 and 1:30 classes like this:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:x0 handle 1: sfq perturb 10

It will work, i had that kind of problem before.

Regards.

-Diego

Jonas Jasas escribió:

I have linux box (does nat and firewall for small network) connected
to dsl. I want to set priorities for protocols (that nothing could
disturb web browsing). This is my rules (eth0 connected to internet):

/sbin/tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
/sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1 htb default 30 r2q 100

/sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:2 htb rate 900Kbit burst 15k

/sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:2 classid 1:10 htb rate 900Kbit
ceil 900Kbit
/sbin/tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 u32 match
ip sport 80 0xffff classid 1:10
/sbin/tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 u32 match
ip dport 80 0xffff classid 1:10

/sbin/tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:2 classid 1:20 htb rate 10Kbit ceil 900Kbit

I start to download from ftp it uses all bandwidth (as it should be),
when I start to download on web, web and ftp rated become more or less
equal :/ . I want that ftp traffic would be limited to 10kbit and all
other bandwidth would be left for web trafic.

What is wrong with my rules?
Thank you for advice!

Diego Cabrero
Ingeniero en Automática y Electrónica Ind.
diego.cabrero@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. 983 36 13 23 - Fax 983 34 19 86

Fundación ATTICO
Fundación de Apoyo Tecnológico a la Transformación Industrial y para la Competitividad Empresarial

Sede Social:
C/ Camino del Cabildo 40,
47009 Valladolid
====================== CLÁUSULA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD ========================
Este correo y sus anexos pueden contener información confidencial o legalmente protegida. Si le hubiera llegado por error, notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente y por favor elimínelo sin revisarlo ni reenviarlo; cualquier copia, divulgación, distribución o uso de los contenidos está prohibida. Gracias por su colaboración.
This email, including any attached files, may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you received it by error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it without reading or forwarding it; any copying, disclosure, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your collaboration.