Re: HTB traffic shaping odd effects

Denis Ovsienko wrote:
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 10
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100mbit burst 24k

Does the following help?
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 1
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 81mbit burst 24k

That seems a bit backward, limiting the total available bandwidth to enforce child class limits. Or is that how htb works, that the sum of the child classes must add up to no less than the parent class?

In any case we have 100mbit available so I don't want to set it any lower than that, if possible.

--
Regards,
Oliver Hookins