Re: Sharing a DSL between 40 subnets with htb

gypsy wrote:

I recommend that you look here.  It may not be what you want, but it
certainly is worth checking out even if it turns out not to be your
answer: http://www.shurdix.org/

I'm not going to change the entire OS just to get the traffic shaping set up and the traffic shaper in shuredix does shaping pr. ip (which is not what I want) .

However, shurdix does use the imq to do ingres shaping (aka policing) and that's a neat trick that had somehow escaped my attention, so thanks for the hint.

Someone really ought to start a LARTC cookbook wiki to go with the LARTC howto.