RE: Fwd: Several IP's, one mail and http server

> What you proposed is kind of the thing I had in mind. Instead of all
the
> forwarding rules I use "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward". Is
the
> additional checking you propose worth it?

Even with the approach I proposed you still have to turn on ip_forward.
If you're going to use multiple IP Addresses, somebody has to listen on
all those addresses and the firewall is the right box to do it - that is
its job.  So then you set up appropriate DNAT, SNAT, and FORWARDing
rules so the application servers only see traffic they are supposed to
see.  There are probably other ways to do it, but this is the way I use
and it works well.

Re: Postfix - I spent lots of time inside this book:  Postfix, Richard
Blum, Sams Publishing, 2001.  I'll bet there's a newer edition out by
now.

- Greg