Re: class exceeds its ceil

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 13:33, Ratel wrote:
> I need to allow other classes to borrow bandwidth from a p2p class, but
> I do not want to allow a p2p class to borrow bandwidth from other
> classes. Is there a way to achieve it ? maybe I should redesign
> something in the above diagram.

Uh... huh? Your P2P class has 100kbit rate with a 5600kbit ceil,
but you say you don't want it to borrow bandwidth from other classes.
However, to go over the 100kbit rate, it _has_ to borrow.

So, if you don't want it to borrow like you said, the solution would
be to set the ceil of the P2P class to 100kbit as well. The other
classes will still be able to borrow from it if the P2P class is not
using it's bandwidth.

If this does somehow not seem to be what you want, please restate
your requirements. :-)

Kind regards,
Andreas Klauer