Re: strange tc filter behavior

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:58:50 +0000
Andy Furniss <andy.furniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ethy H. Brito wrote:
> > Hi  All
> >
> > I am fighting this for 3 days and could not find any reason it is not working
> > the way I want to (or I the way think it should).
>
> > I then created the script bellow. The problem is I can't 'see' any traffic
> > (Sent 0 bytes) on classes 1:11 1:12 on imq0. Classes 2:11 and 2:12 on eth2
> > has its counters increased and seems to make sence.
>
> See if you can see traffic there if you temporarily demote to prio 5 the
> < 64 size filter.

All/Andy

I found the problem but not sure where the bug is.

In class 1:10 of imq0 I have this filter among other (see original post):

$TC filter add dev imq0 protocol ip parent 1: pref 2 \
   u32  \
      match mark 0x1 0xffff \
   flowid 1:10

If I remove this filter, packets goes correctly directed by *all* filters. With
this in place, it seems it grabs all traffic to class 1:10. Not even class
1:ffff (htb's defaults) receive any trafic.

I removed the iptables code that marks the packet (which should leave packet
with a zero mark) and also changed MARK to 0xA5A5 keeping the filter unchanged,
for instance, but the grabbing remained.

Any Ideas?? Anyone using 'match mark' with success??

Regards

Ethy