Re: mgen & tc

I found the misconfiguration. The DiffServ configuration at the core router was done for the ingress network interface, therefore the only packets treated were pings and not mgen or iperf. If the configuration is done at the egress network interface then it works correctly.
Nima.

Hello,
I have the following proplem. My DiffServ configuration is working fine
when I do ping, but when I use mgen the packets are not detected at the
core router.

Here is my core router configuration:

#!/bin/bash

tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle 1:0 root dsmark indices 64 set_tc_index
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 tcindex mask 0xfc
shift 2

tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:0 handle 2:0 htb
tc class add dev eth1 parent 2:0 classid 2:1 htb rate 10Mbit ceil 10Mbit

tc class add dev eth1 parent 2:1 classid 2:10 htb rate 1500Kbit ceil 10Mbit
tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 2:10 pfifo limit 5
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 2:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 0x2e tcindex \
classid 2:10 pass_on

tc class add dev eth1 parent 2:1 classid 2:20 htb rate 2500Kbit ceil 10Mbit
tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 2:20 pfifo limit 20
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 2:0 protocol ip prio 2 handle 10 tcindex \
classid 2:20 pass_on