quantum

Dear all,

   I'm   new to traffic shapping although i have gone through marking and HTB queueing but i felt trouble in tc filter . I wonder if any one give me the hints about quantum or r2q.
 i guess quantum is used when two class has same prio and rate and want to give first priority  between them and control the borrowing traffic. It should be set more than MTU too. But my question is that how can we set quantum exactly , i mean is there any calculation need to set this quantum parameter and its effect to r2q . Any changes we have to do in r2q parameter.

Any suggestion will be apprieciated.

thanks in advance.

sujeet

Yahoo! Shopping