Re: shareaza

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 06:12:59PM +0100, Andreas Unterkircher wrote:
> I'm not very familar with all these p2p protocols. But
> isn't shareaza supporting all the other p2p protocols?
> Like edonkey and bittorrent...
> Most of them can be matched with ipp2p (www.ipp2p.org)
> or l7-filter (l7-filter.sf.net).

As far as I know they can but I wondered whether it was
possible to accomplish the task using only vanilla iptables
and iproute.

It looks like it works like this: shareaza ``negotiate''
with the other end listening on port 6346, then they try to
``find an agreement'' about which other port to use and in
the end uploads actually occurs on that one. Am I right?

Generally speaking, how can I recognize and keep track of
edonkey connections?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
--
Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
``Don't bother us with politics,'' respond those who don't

 -- Richard M. Stallman
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/linux-gnu-freedom.html