Re: tbf and prio blocking some flows entirely

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
I thought I had this all worked out, but it seems not.  The following tc
configuration:

tc qdisc del dev ppp0 root 2> /dev/null > /dev/null
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root handle 1: tbf rate 120kbit burst 1200 limit 1

But it seems that some outbound flows are being blocked entirely.  I
don't think they are being starved though.  Even if they end up in 2:3,
they should at least be treated fairly.  But I am producing a flow to
66.1.2.3 which does increment the counters in 2:1 but after a few
packets the flow stalls:

Your burst is too small. It needs to be at least one MTU.