Re: tbf and prio blocking some flows entirely

On Sunday 04 December 2005 17:36, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Even if they end up in 2:3, they should at least be treated fairly.

2:3 will not be treated at all as long as 2:1 and 2:2 (which have higher
priority) are occupied. If the queues in 2:1 and 2:2 resp. never empty,
the packets in 2:3 will never be sent. There is no fair treatment in PRIO.
That's the whole purpose of this scheduler, to give one band of packets
absolute priority over the other.

> What have I done wrong?

This is just out of personal interest, but could you try using instead of
your TBF qdisc, a very simple HTB Qdisc / class with the same bandwidth
limitation? If that solves the problem, then you're suffering from a
problem that I failed to solve when I last tried to use TBF; for some
reason it got stuck on me too.

> So maybe for some reason that last ack is not being dequeued?

I don't understand what you mean by fair treatment, but do try putting all
ACKs into high priority band, then it will have to be dequeued.

Regards,
Andreas Klauer