Re: Optimizing linux for the routing of realtime video

I saw a wireless qos package. Don't remember the name. But it exists.
I think there are standards about it, and an implementation in linux.
But you must have an internal wireless pci card I think, or an openwrt based wifi router.

David Boreham wrote:

Justin Todd wrote:

I'm currently trying to optimize a linux machine which acts as a Layer 3
router of RTP H.263 video. Occassionally I'll get delays related to layer 2
wireless retries, thus rendering the video on the recieving end
stale/useless.

Maintaining QoS over wireless links, especially in the presence of interference is tricky, perhaps impossible. My gut feel is that your problems are likely all wireless-related and the solution will lie there too. Perhaps the radios are
queuing subsequent packets behind the one they attempt to re-transmit ?
Often there are tweakable parameters in the radios that you can try to play
with (enable RTS for example).

Good luck !