ftp connmark

I saw this snippet from
Daniel Chemko dchemko@xxxxxxxxxx
Mon, 31 May 2004 09:30:43 -0700

# Egress marking (mostly for QOS operations)
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j CONNMARK --restore-mark
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m mark ! --mark 0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o ${if_inet} --dport 21 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x111
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j CONNMARK --save-mark

I want to mark many packets, including FTP.

So above these lines, I have a few more lines in my script. Like the following...

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING  -p icmp -j MARK --set-mark 0x110

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j CONNMARK --restore-mark
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m mark ! --mark 0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o ${if_inet} --dport 21 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x111
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j CONNMARK --save-mark

So, when an ICMP packet comes to the 2nd ('restore-mark') line, it is already marked with 0x110. Will the restore-mark mark the packet with 0 since there is no connmark set for ICMP? Or it will leave the packet untouched?
In that case, I can not redirect the ICMP packet to the class I defined for it.
What is the solution for this issue? What to do if I have different classification marks, some use connmark and some does not(just fw mark)?

regards
Salim