RE: PRIO Q's

|Nic le Roux wrote:
|
|>Good morning,
|>
|>I have a client that needs some shaping done.
|>Im only familiar with the HTB qeueu and was hopeing someone could give
|>me a few pointers if possible.
|>
|>I need to shape outgoing and incoming as far as possible though I don't
|>know if it will be possible to do so without policeing the incoming
bandwidth.
|>They have a link and their service provider allows them to burts as
|>badndwidth is available.
|>

|What is your question? Give more details.
|Or you mean "as fair as possible" ?

HI There,

I need to shape for VoIP Calls on a clients Fibre connection to IS.
He has variable bandwidth available according to the ISP's utilisation,
This can vary by bursting up to 512Kbit per second in and out. I know this
doesn't sound like much but its in South Africa and over here the Bandwidth
is very expensive.

We need to shape both incoming and outgoing if possible to give the voice
calls top priority.
I think the PRIO que would work the best according to what I have read but
would I be able to use it on an incoming connection ?

Any help / suggestions welcome.

Thanks and Regards
Nic