multipath routing

Hi, I have set up multipath routing using two gre tunnels. The multipath routes are setup via (zebra/ospf).
I managed to modify zebra not to include the 'equalize' in the multpath route, and set the weights 1:2.
 My question is that after doing 4+ ftp transfers I still do not see much traffic on the interface with a weight of 1 even thought the first tunnel is near maximum capacity. If this is due to the route cache, is there a way to reduce
the TTL on the cache ?

thx jason