Re: Borrowing between HTB classes not working as expectd.

Quoting Ryan Castellucci <ryan.castellucci@xxxxxxxxx>:

I've called this setting it up on an IMQ device with speed 1200/256 on a 1536/384 line.

Perl code to set everything up below, if you comment out the system call,
it'll list off all the tc commands executed.

Hmmm, the output it produces for me is really weird. Could you post the output
of 'tc -d qdisc show dev <device>' and 'tc -d class show dev <device>'
somewhere, it's easier to understand and maybe that will make more sense to me.

The main problems in the output I get is that rates do not add up; children
class rates added up together is higher than parent class rate, which means the children take more bandwidth for guaranteed than the parent can offer. Sometimes child class ceil rates is greater than parent class ceil rate, which should not
be exceeded in any case (at least to my understanding of HTB).

By looking at your Perl code, you seem to be mixing up $speed_up and $speed_down quite a lot; at least to me it makes no sense to have a download class as child
of an upload class, especially not with that much difference in available
download/upload rate. But I'm not really a Perl programmer, so maybe I
misunderstood this part.

HTH
Andreas