RE: multipath routing

Title: Re: multipath routing
Hi, I also used TEQL this worked very well, but I require the (weight) option.

thx jason

From: lartc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Edmundo Carmona
Sent: Thu 10/27/2005 8:20 AM
To: lartc
Subject: Re: multipath routing

Multipath takes a little more that just setting the default route. You
have to set separate routing tables for each interface involved in the
multipath routing (though I haven't understood yet why they are
needed.. the fact is that if you don't set them, multipath won't
route).

Also, even if you set it all right, it doesn't mean that if you send
two packets to a location X, one will go through one interface and the
second will go through the other. Routes are cached, and after a
routing decision has been made for the first packet, packets going to
that same host will go through the same interface till the caching
time has gone by.