RES: RES: Terminal Services and traffic control.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Joost Kraaijeveld [mailto:J.Kraaijeveld@xxxxxxxxxx]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 26 de outubro de 2005 07:30
Para: Thiago Lima - lst
Cc: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: RES:  Terminal Services and traffic control.

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 17:00 -0200, Thiago Lima - lst wrote:

> 	As far as I know, Citrix is more optimized for long distance setups.
Mmmm. This is what the Citrix marketing department wants to believe you
anyway.

> First: do you have a perfomance problem when running without any traffic
> control: according to my experience, each connection runs OK with ~20-30
> kilobit/sec? If you don't have problems, don't fix them.
>
> 	Yes I have problems without traffic control. For instance, when
> someone transfers a file between the networks TS sessions become slow.
Even
> open outlook becomes unusable.
Do you mean by that: user copies a file from his client to the TS
session (or the other way around)? Or do you mean that the user copies
a file in the TS session from directory to directory in the TS session?
If the latter, are the directries local to the TS server or are they
actually mounted shares? If so, on which side of the link are the shares?

> Second, do you use any other services from the Windows server on the
> other side: DHCP, DNS, WINS, file shareing (e.g. roaming profiles, home
> directories) profiles, databases (SQL server), Internet connections etc?
> If you have any of those (especially the ones for name resolution) you
> must take those in account also.
>
> 	I have a file server running into another server. TS users use those
> files for work. But there're basically excel and word files.
OK, but are the files in the TS session or on the client computer? Is
the location of the fileserver on the side of the TS server or on the
side of the clients?

	The files are in the file server, with stands right next to the TS
(connected by gigabit Ethernet).

	My problem is to make connections from my office to TS with maximum
priority. There's some other traffic in the 1Mbit link. TS port should have
maxixum priority and flow.