Re: new here can guide me throw :)

Hi Timi,

To give advice we really need to know what you are trying to do.

However here are a few links to sites I found useful when figuring out how to
use QOS on linux. Ignore what you were told, most of the things you will read
apply to both 2.4 and 2.6. If its a specific program like WRR that only has
patches for 2.2 and 2.4, look harder because their are patches for 2.6 :)

If your just shaping your network to improve performance look at wondershaper
http://lartc.org/wondershaper/

If you want to share bandwidth equally amongst X machines where X isn't really
known, try WRR http://wipl-wrr.sourceforge.net/ Kern 2.6 patch available here
http://www.zz9.dk/wrr and here http://kem.p.lodz.pl/%7Epeter/qnet/

If you want to do specific shaping for specific services there are about 11
different linux queuing methods to pick from, most here advise using HTB
http://luxik.cdi.cz/%7Edevik/qos/htb/

A ready made script to use HTB on your server HTB.init
http://sourceforge.net/projects/htbinit/

Three other pages I found useful in learning wtf was going on.
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/ADSL-Bandwidth-Management-HOWTO.html
http://lartc.org/lartc.html
http://www.opalsoft.net/qos/DS.htm

Regards,