Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: Load balance (two links in one server): why is this notworking?

>     Hello,

Hi there.

>     I am trying to make a load balance at my box using two
>     conections. I have compile my kernel with this patch
>     routes-2.6.13-12.diff (tha I get from this website:
>     http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/#routes).

I've tried to implement similar setup some time ago. The problem was
that there was no way to assure that active connection won't be routed
throu different gateways (route cache entries timeout...). I've failed
to overcome this problem with a help of route patches.

I was able to balance traffic over few connections with connmark+nth
iptables patches. Think of it as an alternative if route patches won't
work as advertised.

Marek Kierdelewicz
KoBa ISP