Re: TC Output Redirection

Basic shell... first the target then the assignments. So

tc <blah> 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Eliot, Wireless and Server Administrator, Great Lakes Internet wrote:

Ok, this is a rather large annoyance... How do you redirect the error output for TC? It does not seem to use any of the standard file descriptors (like STDOUT or STDERR) for error output. I have tried:

tc <blah> 2>&1 1>/dev/null
tc <blah> 3>&1 2>&1 1>/dev/null
etc

No matter what I do, I cannot seem to redirect the output. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Eliot Gable
Certified Wireless Network Administrator
Cisco Certified Network Associate
CompTIA Security+ Certified
CompTIA Network+ Certified
Network and Systems Administrator