Re: Redundant firewall

Le mer 12 oct 2005 13:37:55 EDT, David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> à écrit :

Sebastien Guay wrote:
> My question is: will enabling proxy_arp on the active firewall and
> disabling it on the inactive be enough to route the traffic through the
> correct(active) firewall?

You use heartbeat and fake for that - It will update the ARP tables with
the new firewall MAC when failover occurs.

Maybe I understand it the wrong way (in that case it will be more a Linux-HA question) but I will have two fully functionnal firewall. From the ROUTER pov, a packet destined to SERVER can pass through FW1 as well as FW2. But it should only through FW1 OR FW2 (whichever is active).

Am I wrong in assuming this?

Sébastien